Week 3 - Monday - Update + Some Words That Might Help

Week 3 is upon me and I have not felt better in quite some time. My weight hasnt changed much but I was to expect this as the amought of calories im consumin is intended to maitain my current weight. Here is what I've learned so far:

Food, and more specifically sugar, is not meant to be a reward and using it as such can potentially have negative cosequences for not only your body such as gaining weight, but also your psyche. Due to its availlability and effects on the brain (release of dopamine) addiction is very likely and the development of eating dissorders is as well.

Here is some advice I can give you to maybe alter your eating habbits. First, please understand that refined sugar and the things that its being put in are designed by scientists in a lab to make it as addictive as possible. The food is made according to out evolutionary preference and companies are well aware that you wont be able to have a single piece of chocolate or a single crisp. Once you realise this maybe you'll stop beating yourself up and take a different approach.

Make an effort to understand that you are replacing health and wellbeing with temporary pleasure. This is fundamental for all addiction. Take ownership of the addiction and be mindfull of it at all times. Value yourself more than your desire to get that short buzz. You can do it. It may take some timw but dont stop trying. I promise that after the third day things will change. And you will change.

Just dont stop trying.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 - Thursday - Fruits are just sugar, right?

Week 3 - Wednesday - How You're Being Lied To Part 1 - 'Low fat' and 'Fat Free'

Week 1 - Wednesday - Diet and Why Weight Doesn't Really Matter